What I miss most is integration of my email with my address book in Opera. Of course, Horde IMP has an address book, and after I noticed that it has an alias field, I finally decided to fill it up. The plan: aliases should be expanded into real email addresses for sending.
- Download sent-mail folder.
- grep ^To: sent-mail
- sort | uniq
- Edit to trim out garbage
- sort again, this time on domain
- Edit some more: fix names, remove more duplicates, convert to CSV, etc.
- Add a column with aliases for frequently used email addresses.
- Import into Horde IMP.
- Try addressing emails using aliases.
- Discover it doesn't actually use the Alias field.