- Get Opera working. I installed version 8.50 using the download provided by Opera, but when I try to run it, it can't find a library. Installing via the packages system is probably the better approach.
- Install and configure kdm so that the machine starts with a graphical login manager.
- Get digikam working. It can see the Canon IXUS to add it, but not to retrieve photos from it.
- Install wine, get it working, then install BreezeBrowser. As much as I'd like to use a native app like digikam, I doubt it will live up to the expectations set by BreezeBrowser.
- Take the advice of portaudit and install a range of security updates.
- Get the mouse wheel to scroll stuff.
- Get sound working.
- Get the scanner working.
- Copy across a heap of data from the previous computer.
- Set up apache, PHP, MySQL and gallery, then use it to serve some photo albums.
- Upgrade to FreeBSD 6.0. Possibly a clean install, doing all of the above again!
Here: have a nutcracker. Whatthehell? Whyarenospacebeinginsertedbetweenwords? Hmm...
Still feeling sad about Leelah Alcorn's suicide. It's a tragedy all round. And as much as it's hard to feel sympathy for her parents, when they can't…
It was grey outside and rain was pelting down noisily on the roof. Suddenly my mind was whisked away to a quiet country pub or maybe a guest house,…