- Get Opera working. I installed version 8.50 using the download provided by Opera, but when I try to run it, it can't find a library. Installing via the packages system is probably the better approach.
- Install and configure kdm so that the machine starts with a graphical login manager.
- Get digikam working. It can see the Canon IXUS to add it, but not to retrieve photos from it.
- Install wine, get it working, then install BreezeBrowser. As much as I'd like to use a native app like digikam, I doubt it will live up to the expectations set by BreezeBrowser.
- Take the advice of portaudit and install a range of security updates.
- Get the mouse wheel to scroll stuff.
- Get sound working.
- Get the scanner working.
- Copy across a heap of data from the previous computer.
- Set up apache, PHP, MySQL and gallery, then use it to serve some photo albums.
- Upgrade to FreeBSD 6.0. Possibly a clean install, doing all of the above again!
Everything you need to grow – or shrink – your bush: Seen on our drive around Sunbury on Monday.
Seen on a survey: Too many surveys assume male/female only. Love it. :-)
Not that I've seen many, but Opera Labs' announcement about Face Gestures is the best April Fool's joke I've seen this year, if only for the section…