- We had to have a caesarean, but Theresa is handling it better than she expected.
- The baby was born on the day I was due back at work, but that was better than two days later (when a caesarean was scheduled), which would have made me miss out on credit for the workplace training units I did.
- Someone crashed into my car, but I still made it into work, and dealing with the insurance companies was pleasant.
- They've told me that it's not worth repairing the car and instead will be sending me agreed market value, but for some reason I don't care, and think that I'll somehow find a car without having to pay too much more.
- If I get another job here, I'll miss out on 5-6 months of salary in the form of a redundancy payment, but at least I won't have to go out into the big scary world to find something. I may even get a little extra money to help pay for the iMac that I want.
- We had a boy, but I'm getting used to the idea, and find that I don't tend to treat him any differently.
- I missed a train this morning and the next one was cancelled, so I go to work 30 mins late; but I am feeling comfortable enough that people know I make up the time.
- I wasn't happy with my directing skills for Geoffrey (Hartwell One Act Play 2004), and expected Hartwell to be unhappy too. But I can see that I can get better, and Hartwell must too, because they're letting me direct another play next year.
- I have been spending too much recently, but has still managed to stop it from getting totally out of control.
The good and the bad
All I want to do is run a simple Perl script. But... It requires Net::DNS. Fortunately, Net::DNS can be easily installed by using the CPAN…
Okay, I admit that opening a file 14334 times to see if it has a line matching the current item may not be the most efficient thing to do. In…
email@example.com> 11:59pm [~/]: date Sat 31 Dec 2011 23:59:55 EST firstname.lastname@example.org> 11:59pm [~/]: date Sat 31 Dec 2011 23:59:56 EST…