- We had to have a caesarean, but Theresa is handling it better than she expected.
- The baby was born on the day I was due back at work, but that was better than two days later (when a caesarean was scheduled), which would have made me miss out on credit for the workplace training units I did.
- Someone crashed into my car, but I still made it into work, and dealing with the insurance companies was pleasant.
- They've told me that it's not worth repairing the car and instead will be sending me agreed market value, but for some reason I don't care, and think that I'll somehow find a car without having to pay too much more.
- If I get another job here, I'll miss out on 5-6 months of salary in the form of a redundancy payment, but at least I won't have to go out into the big scary world to find something. I may even get a little extra money to help pay for the iMac that I want.
- We had a boy, but I'm getting used to the idea, and find that I don't tend to treat him any differently.
- I missed a train this morning and the next one was cancelled, so I go to work 30 mins late; but I am feeling comfortable enough that people know I make up the time.
- I wasn't happy with my directing skills for Geoffrey (Hartwell One Act Play 2004), and expected Hartwell to be unhappy too. But I can see that I can get better, and Hartwell must too, because they're letting me direct another play next year.
- I have been spending too much recently, but has still managed to stop it from getting totally out of control.
The good and the bad
If I'm your customer, filling in your form, and your SQL can't handle my use of apostrophes just because you don't know how to properly escape my…
Anyone care to build me a bridge across the railway line between my place and Gardiner Station? I'm sick of missing trains just because I didn't…
WTF is with this " Posted via m.livejournal.com." shit? I wouldn't want to send email tagged with "sent from my iPhone", and I don't want blogging…