Sure, the Guinness World Record attempt is mostly a gimmick, but it does have a positive side: widespread adoption of modern browsers makes the web a better place.
Naturally, Firefox is not my primary browser, but it's good to have on hand for sites that haven't been developed well, or for those times when I just want a different browser.
And in case you haven't been paying attention, Opera - the world's most advanced web browser - is also making great strides. Opera 9.5 was released last week, with:
- Quick Find, with full text search of visited pages.
- Speed Dial, mouse gestures, content blocking and more.
- Opera Link, to sync bookmarks and settings across computers and mobiles.
- Faster rendering and better standards support.
- Fraud and malware protection.